Location: Las Vegas / Remote in US
Key Skills: SQL Server, SSIS, C#
Good to have: Talend, Casino Gaming, Real-Time Data Experience
We are looking for a Data Engineer to design and build a robust set of tools and pipelines to support data analytics efforts. You’ll manage and optimize our core infrastructure by creating and maintaining data pipelines. You will work with other engineers and analysts to design, implement, and maintain a data ecosystem that delivers actionable insights to make key business decisions. You have technical chops but can work independently to prioritize issues, work within ambiguity, and manage conflicting deadlines. You are creative, data-driven, results-oriented, and eager to help us solve data problems of varying complexities.
- Collaborate with Analysts, Program Managers, and other Data Engineers across teams to understand the workforce management ecosystem, identify corresponding data needs, come up with technical proposals, and influence these partners on opportunities for improvement.
- Develop, launch and maintain team data pipelines.
- Build a framework for auditing, error logging, and master data management for your pipelines.
- Identify, investigate and solve data quality issues and make sure the data is secured and reliable.
- Design, develop and provide technical support for tooling integrations.
- Support on-call shift as needed to support the team.
- Continuously improve the existing pipeline and process infrastructure to meet evolving business needs.
Experience in the data warehouse space.
- Experience in custom ETL design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages.
- Experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- Experience in writing SQL statements.
- Experience analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Experience managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients.
- Experience with more than one coding language, preferably C#, Java, or Python.
- Experience with designing and implementing real-time pipelines.
- Experience with data quality monitoring and anomaly/outlier detection.
- Experience with SQL performance tuning and E2E process optimization.
- Experience with SSIS, Talend, or Airflow.
- BS in CE/EE/CSE or computational sciences.
Location: Las Vegas
- Lead the creation and application of cloud-focused principles and standards to ensure a scalable, flexible, resilient, and secure environment for OPTX
- Perform Azure cloud development and design work that may include logical system design, cloud architecture analysis and design, and systems engineering
- Plan and execute scalability of current Azure environment
- Implement and automate the deployment of IaaS, SaaS and PaaS services in Azure
- Implement security recommendations coming from our Azure partner
- Help with the certification and maintenance of industry standards
- Interact with the Microsoft Azure Partner for technical support and architecture
- Participate to decide best way to implement new features leveraging Azure Cloud
- Produce detailed documentation and step by step processes to troubleshoot the infrastructure
- Experience with developing tools, services, processes, and workflows to ensure DevOps pipelines are available
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools used to build, evaluate, test, and deploy services
- Manage Office 365 and all tools used by OPTX
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization
- Minimum of 6 years of IT architecture experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 4+ years of experience in using variety of Azure technologies (e.g. Virtual Machines, Storage, Virtual Networks, Load Balancer, Azure Active Directory, Azure SQL, App Service, Azure Backup and Site Recovery Services, Security) to develop and maintain an Azure based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Microsoft Defender
- Ability to implement and administer Advanced Threat Protection, Advanced Information Protection and, Data Loss Prevention tools in Azure and Office 365
- Familiarity with operating and maintaining cloud solutions to address industry regulations including PCI, CIS, ISO, SOC 2, SOC 3, and GDPR
- Experience in integrating the on-premises systems with SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS platforms
- Experience with integrating hybrid cloud architecture and environment
- Ability to create clear, detailed, concise documentation—architecture diagrams, presentations, and design documents
- Knowledge and familiarity with adjacent technology areas including Network, Security, Identity and Access Management and Management and Monitoring
- Experience in Scripting Skills:(e.g. PowerShell, Shell)
- Experience with Azure Monitor, Log Analytics
- Experience in working in Agile teams, and working independently with Business stakeholders providing solutions and regular updates, able to lead a team and working independently
- Build new tools and automation to solve customer problems. You will also develop tools and scripts to automate troubleshooting and diagnostics activity
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages: C#, Java, Python, TypeScript, R
- Experience in Agile methodologies, CI/CD pipelines and using Azure DevOps
- Azure Solution Architect Certification is a big plus
- Must be able to work in 24×7 production support environment
- Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment
Full Stack Engineer
Location: Las Vegas, NV or Chennai, India
Good to have: C#, .Net Core, SQL Server, Azure
Responsibility & Key Result Areas:
- Performs the role of a Requirements Engineer by analyzing and understanding the Functional requirements Specification.
- Ensures assigned deliverables are delivered on time with high quality.
- Creates UI & integrate UI Wireframes and UI assets
- Supports in project estimation, planning and risk management activities.
- Implements the detailed design for the component & UI workflow in a standard and efficient way.
- Unit tests the components developed and reviews others implementation.
- Integrates the component into the overall system and supports integration testing.
- Supports the verification and validation team by resolving the issues / defects in a timely manner.
- Manages technical communication with stakeholders.
Role Competency & Personal Characteristics:
- Must have experience in HTML5, CSS/LESS.
- Exposure to UI frameworks is an added advantage.
- Expertise in frontend component design
- Good knowledge working with API Integration, and Restful Services
- Experience in responsive UI design, Knowledge of UI design patterns
- Requirement Analysis – Ability to perform requirement analysis and definition in some cases. Quickly and in complete manner
- Ability to probe and to bring in clarity of requirements.
- Ability to explore various technology/approaches with pros and cons.
- Communication skills: excellent oral and written skills
- Good analytical skills, creative, self-motivated and team player
- Self-starter and quick learner and ability to work in a global team setting with minimal supervision.
- Innovative mind set, Result oriented.
- Possess High quality standards.
Machine Learning Engineer
Location: Las Vegas/ Remote in US
This role will work with the Data Science team and other stakeholders to plan and execute data-driven projects and processes. You will be designing end-to-end machine learning mechanisms and pipelines using scalable technology. You will be working in a fast-pace fail-fast environment.
- The Machine Learning Engineer position will develop web-based products and new APIs to utilize and implement machine learning models
- Primary effort will be to incorporate data science models with OPTX product teams and build internal web-based consumption tool
- Develop infrastructure and “pipelines” for handling data, applying generalization and abstraction layers to enhance efficiency and sustainability of data architecture
- Design automated monitoring, redundancies, and robust architecture to minimize data and modeling interruptions
- Working with distributed clusters / parallelized processing
- Collaborate with product teams to align with product road maps and ensure API feeds are always working
- Collaborates with stakeholders to design tests and validate/measure results.
- Performs other job-related duties as requested.
- MS or PhD in quantitative field, preferred computer science
- Demonstrated experience in developing data science solutions
- Previous experience working in a cloud environment
- Real time data (ie Spark, Kafka) experience preferred
- Relational Database (SQL) experience required
- Must possess very strong interpersonal, communication and consensus building skills; willing to work on developing and managing key relationships across the organization
- Must be able to work in a deadline-oriented environment, ensuring decisions and management communication is occurring in a timely fashion
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
Bonus Points For
- 4+ years of experience with R / Python / bash
- Previous experience creating machine learning applications, data-processing pipelines, monitoring results / iterating after launch.
- Previous experience with supporting cloud-based ML pipeline/operationalization.
- Previous experience in the gaming/casino industry
- Relevant experience can range from working on a wide-variety of optimization, and classification problems, e.g. segmentation, propensity modeling, text/sentiment classification, LTV prediction, collaborative filtering/recommendation, or anomaly detection
Front End Developer
Location: Chennai, India
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works and responsible for ensuring that the application is optimized both in technology and aesthetics while delivering the best user experience on Web.
- Turning UI/UX designs into prototypes, creating excellent interactions from designs, writing reusable content modules, and maintainability of the code.
- Implement UI development principles to ensure that the product client-side serves at scale.
- Review and optimize the app usage by monitoring key metrics and rectifying the issues proactively.
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment and bring in optimal flow for rapidly changing design/ technology.
- Collaborate and work closely with design, product management, and development teams.
- Sound knowledge in React.Js and Redux.
- Familiar with UI layouts, LESS/SASS, Bootstrap/Material, and the CSS GRID system.
- Passionate to create good design and usability.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
Senior Software Test Engineer
Location: Remote and/or In-person (Chennai, India / Las Vegas, NV, USA)
We are looking for a Sr. Software Test Engineer with at least 5 years’ experience in software testing to join the OPTX team. The Sr. Software Test Engineer will work closely with a team software engineers to plan, perform and guide quality assurance activities that ensure the accuracy of testing. This involves testing and reporting defects, re-viewing defects for accuracy, assisting with a Pre and Post testing review for all releases, and maintaining the accuracy of all testing checklists.
- Carry out technical assessments on requested features and identify scope of work and dependencies for test requirements.
- Design, implement, and maintain test plans.
- Execute identified test scenarios on these features.
- Provide technical guidance in identifying automation targets and designing white box test scenarios, participate in design reviews and recommend improvements.
- Assist in troubleshooting and debugging code to find the root cause of the issues and provide detailed information to the development team.
- Work with cross functional stake holders in creating and executing test plans.
- Prepare time estimates of all design options and other project requirements.
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies and incorporate them into the team’s software test operational processes.
- Promote the established processes across the team as well as seeking opportunities to streamline and improve on it.
- 5+ years’ experience in software testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant field.
- Good knowledge of any scripting language preferably python.
- Understanding of C#.
- Experience working with defect tracking and test management tools such as JIRA/Zephyr is required.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with global stakeholders.
- Software debugging and troubleshooting using industry standard tools.
- Familiarity with profiling tools like Valgrind, Google Sanitizer.
- Ability to analyze information and use logic to perform task efficiently, within deadlines.
- Possesses good problem-solving skills to address work-related issues and problems.
- Experienced in using source control systems.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience in the casino gaming industry.
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies will be a plus.
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops will be a plus.
Innovation: We believe innovation is key to revolutionizing the way the gaming industry approaches guest management. This includes a focus on being forward-thinking, accountability and being action oriented.
Integrity: We believe integrity is the foundation for a healthy, effective, and successful client relationship. It’s why we believe that we should always “be our word” be transparent with our clients and be dependable.
Competency: We believe our unique ability to help our clients is due to the fact that we are, and always will be, casino operators first. This means we stay
There is a lot our team members enjoy being part of the OPTX family. Some of those include…
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K Match
- Community involvement
- Gym Membership
- Stocked pantry
- Social events
- Competitive Pay
We’re always looking for talented and tenacious individuals to join our team. So, if you would like to learn more about our open positions, or just want to let us know you’re interested, please submit your information below.